The Bible reveals that only a “FEW” of God’s people have been ‘saved’ throughout the history of the Earth. The analysis that follows illustrates that only a FEW of today’s Christians will be saved from spending eternity in Hell (Luke 13:23-28).
In the Days of Noah, estimations are that eight in 4 billion (or 1 in 500 million) were saved from God’s wrath! (Matt 24:38-39)
In the Days of Lot, there are estimations that only three in 18 thousand or 1 in 6,000 were saved from God’s wrath! (Luke 17:28-29). For more information about this claim, read the archaeological analysis of these five ancient cities here.
If we extrapolate the population figures of Sodom and Gomorrah into today’s churches:
- There were three souls saved of the estimated 18,000 people living in the five cities of Sodom and Gomorrah.
- If we assume that 100 people attend each of today’s churches, this means that only THREE Christians in every 180 churches will be saved!
Example: For early church Christians like Ananias and his wife Sapphira who did not “fear God“, this behavior caused them to lie to Him. As a result, this meant they lost their Salvation. See Acts 5:1-11; Rev 21:8.
The scripture verse below implies that a disciple of Jesus realized that obtaining eternal life with Christ was not an easy process. Therefore, he asked Jesus a question to clarify his concerns, and Jesus provided him with this response.
“Then said one [of His disciples] unto him, Lord, ARE THERE FEW [Christians] THAT BE SAVED? And he [Jesus] said unto them, 24 STRIVE TO ENTER IN at the strait gate: FOR MANY [Christians], I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall NOT be able.”Luke 13:23-24
Rapture Qualifications Needed to Avoid
“FEW Christians Saved”
One might now ask, what are the qualifications needed for Christians to enter the Rapture? Below are some requirements worth considering.
In this, ALL Christians must:
- Have forgiven others who have wronged them (Matt 6:15)
- Have a “love of ALL truth” so as to be Saved (2 Thes 2:10)
- Be Saved through belief in the Gospel and confession through their mouth (Rom 10:9-10)
- Be Christ’s after having crucified the flesh from its lusts (Gal 5:24).
- Be Water Baptized (Mark 16:16)
- Be Born-Again (John 3:3-8)
- Be Spirit Baptized into the “body of Christ” by Jesus (John 1:33; 1 Cor 12:27)
- Be a committed disciple of Jesus Christ? (Luke 14:26-27).
- Have been “approved by God” through studying the scriptures (2 Tim 2:15)
- Have overcome Satan’s temptations to commit further sins (James 1:12-14; Rev 3:21)
- Have completely stopped sinning — i.e. achieved ‘sinlessness’ (1 John 3:6; 8-10)
- No longer be a spiritual “babe in Christ” (1 Cor 3:1)
- Have drunk the same Cup of Sufferings that Christ drank from (Matt 20:23; Col 1:24)
- Have taken up the cross that Christ has for each Christian — and have then followed Him (Matt 10:38)
- Have become as Holy as God the Father is Holy (1 Peter 1:16).
- Have demonstrated true love for Christ by obeying ALL His commandments (John 14:15)
- Been found worthy enough by Christ to escape the Tribulation (Luke 21:36).
- Been found in the One True Church — the ‘body of spiritual believers’ who worship God ‘in spirit and in truth’ (1 Cor 12:13; Eph 1:20-23; 4:4-6; Col 1:18, 24; John 4:23).
- Have purified self from the lusts and deceptions of this world, especially the love of money (1 John 3:2-3; 1 Peter 1:22; 1 Tim 6:10).
- Been found spiritually to be without spot [no sin] wrinkle [no false beliefs] or blemish [doubt or unbelief] (Eph 5:27)
- Lived and walked in the Spirit and NOT in ‘the flesh’ (Gal 5:25; Rom 8:1; 4; 2 Cor 12:18).
- Have been found walking in the same light as Christ dwells in (1 John 1:7; Col 2:6).
- Have become as ‘perfect’ as God the Father is perfect (Matt 5:48)
- Have been able to demonstrate at least one spiritual gift to prove you are a “son of God” (1 Cor 12:10-12; Rom 8:14; Phil 2:15; 1 John 3:2)
- Been able to use that spiritual gift to undertake “works” (James 2:26)
- Become spiritually mature enough to understand God’s will and do it (Matt 12:50)
- Demonstrate “Christ in You” the hope of glory (Col 1:27)
- LOVE all others (especially one’s enemies) as much as you love God? (John 13:34-35; Matt 5:44)
The parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins (Matt 25:1-13) illustrates there are two types of Christians in the churches. The “Wise Virgins” are those who are faithful to their espoused “bridegroom”; however, in contrast to this, the “Foolish Virgins” have no relationship to their “bridegroom” despite going out to meet Him (Matt 25:1).
The Parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins
“Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom [Jesus at the Rapture]. 2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish…8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. 11 Afterward came also the other [Foolish] virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us [the Door of Heaven – Rev 4:1]. 12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. 13 WATCH THEREFORE, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.”Matthew 25:1-15
Explanation of terms
The ‘Wise Virgin’ is a unique Christian who embraces ALL the Bible says and applies it to his or her life. In this, he or she endeavors to ‘walk in the Spirit’ and not in ‘the flesh’ (Rom 8:1). Such Christians will be diligent toward doing the will of God throughout the remainder of their life (Mark 3:35; Heb 10:36). These “Wise Virgins” will be living as a disciple of Jesus (1 John 2:17).
In contrast to pursuing this “Narrow Way” (Matt 7:14), a ‘Foolish Virgin‘ is a Christian who remains faithful to their religion. Such “false Christs” associate with a church denomination. These Christians do not accept all of the Bible as being the complete authority that governs their faith. They miss the spiritual aspects of the Christian life that the Bible teaches (1 Cor 2:14) and demands.
Again, the ‘Foolish Virgins’ prefer to embrace the “words of men” (Matt 15:6) in preference to those of Jesus. From this, it is vital that Christians should not ignore Christ’s warning that only a FEW Christians will be saved! If they do, they will most likely regret this decision throughout eternity!
The dangers of man-based ‘religions’
Certain groups of Christians associated with these “man-based” religions are:
- Jehovah’s Witnesses – Charles Taze Russell (1852 – 1916)
- Mormons – Joseph Smith (1805 to 1844)
- Christadelphians – John Thomas (1805 to 1871)
- Seventh Day Adventists – Ellen White (1827 – 1915)
- The Brethren – Alexander Mack (1679–1735)
- The Baptists – John Smythe (died 1612)
- The Pentecostals – Charles Fox Parham (1873 – 1929)
- Word of Faith – Kenneth Hagin (1917–2003)
- Others too…
To provide an illustration of this, King Henry VIII established the Church of England upon the sin of adultery (1 Cor 6:9). In this act of defiance towards God, his church permitted him to divorce his first wife and to marry Anne Boleyn, whom he later beheaded ( Matt 5:31-32).
Above all, if Christians prefer to follow a particular religious belief rather than follow Christ (Matt 10:38), the Bible states that such a choice indicates they have have no Salvation (Gal 1:1-3).
Ways to determine the True
Gospel to Avoid ‘FEW Christians Saved’
Please read the remaining articles in this blog to appreciate that unless Christians believe and obey the ‘Everlasting Gospel’ (Rev 14:6) therefore ‘the gospel’ they have believed may be “another gospel” (2 Cor 11:4).
This blog aims to help Christians to undertake a self-examination of their spiritual life. The result should help them determine whether they are “in the faith” (Acts 14:22) or not. If not, God may provide enough time for such Christians to prepare for the prophesied events ahead and NOT found to be a “Foolish Virgin”.
To help in this assessment, I encourage you to read the next article titled, The New Birth which explains how this event happens.
Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question below.
Since 20 March – 463 total views, 1 views today