As a Christian, are you aware that Salvation is Conditional upon your obedience towards understanding and doing what God’s Word tells you? These conditions accompany the promises made by God as contained in the New Covenant. If these conditions are not addressed in this life, it means there is no Salvation in the next life.
Christians should examine the evidence presented in this article to decide if Salvation is Conditional and whether it represents the True Gospel message. My studies indicate that Conditional Salvation is the only Gospel that saves.
An example of God’s Promises being Conditional
An example of what the Bible says about God promising He will heal Christians from their sicknesses and their diseases is stated in the scripture verses below:
“But he [Jesus] was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and WITH HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED.”Isa 53:5
“Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, BEING DEAD TO SINS, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes YE WERE HEALED.”1 Peter 2:24
With the above promise of healing possible in every Christian’s body, it is up to every ‘believer’ to appropriate that promise by conforming to God’s requirement — on the condition of “…BEING DEAD TO SINS”. Therefore, Christians must STOP SINNING to appropriate this ‘condition’ needed to appropriate God’s promise of healing.
By using this condition of being “dead to sin” to appropriate bodily healing, there are similar conditions Christians need to be aware of so as to appropriate ALL of God’s remaining promises and especially His Assurance of Salvation if we meet the conditions.
Scriptures Stating Assurance of Salvation
- Whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life …shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life (John 3:15-16, 36; John 5:24).
- I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand (or My Father’s hand, John 10:27-29).
- I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels …nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God (Rom 8:35-39).
- We shall be saved from wrath through Him (Rom 5:8-9).
- There is now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus… (Rom 8:1).
- He shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand (Rom 14:4).
- Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that you may be blameless … God is faithful, by whom you are called into the fellowship of Jesus Christ (1 Cor 1:8-9).
- He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love (Eph 1:4).
- You were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise (Eph 1:13).
- You are sealed unto the day of redemption (Eph 4:30).
- He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ (Phil. 1:6).
- I am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day (2 Tim. 1:12).
- Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation (1 Peter 1:5).
- We have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ. (1 John 2:1-2).
- Beloved, now are we the sons of God (1 John 3:2).
- Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory (Jude 1:24).
Scriptures Stating Salvation is Conditional
Jesus Christ and the apostles issued various warnings for Christians to observe to obtain Salvation.
14 warnings from Jesus Christ
- “Let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me ” (Matt 16:24)
- “Labour for eternal life ” (John6:27)
- “You are My friends, if you do whatsoever I command you” (John 15:14)
65 warnings from the Apostle Paul
- “By patient continuance in well doing seek for eternal life” (Romans 2:7)
- “Who walk not after the flesh, but after the spirit ” (Romans 8:1-4)
- “I marvel that you are so soon removed from Him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel” (Galatians 1:6-9)
4 warnings from the Apostle James
- “When lust has conceived, it brings forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, brings forth [eternal] death” (James 1:13-15)
- “Be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves” (James 2:22-25)
- “To him that knows to do good, and does it not, to him it is sin” (James 4:17)
13 warnings from the Apostle Peter
- “Give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if you do these things you shall never fall” (2 Peter 1:10)
- “If after they [the Christians] have escaped the [moral] pollutions of the world through the knowledge of Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse than the beginning. It had been better not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn away from the holy commandment” (2 Peter 2:20-22)
26 warnings from the Apostle John
- “We know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments” (1 John 2:3).
- ” If any man love the world the love of the Father is not in him (1 John 2:15-17).”
- ” He that does the will of God abideth forever [with God] (1 John 2:17). “
20 warnings from the Apostle Jude
- Sinning angels are set forth as an example to others who are tempted to sin (Jude 1:6-7). If God will damn them for sin, He will also damn others.
- Keep yourselves in the love of God (Jude 1:21).
- Look for the mercy of Jesus Christ unto eternal life (Jude 1:21)
13 warnings from Jesus to the churches in the Book of Revelation
- You have left your first love. Recognize you are fallen, repent, do your first works; or else I will remove your church (Rev. 2:4-5).
- Repent, or I [Jesus] will come unto you and fight against you (Rev. 2:16).
- He [or she] that does not overcome [Satan’s lies and deceptions] I will blot their name out of the book of life (Rev. 3:5; Rev. 22:18-19; Exodus 32:32-33; Psalm 69:25-29).
You should download the pdf file of these warnings below and undertake your own analysis to see if the gospel you believe meets these conditions or not.
Click here to DOWNLOAD THE LIST OF WARNINGS mentioned above that prove Salvation is Conditional.
“Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, WORK OUT YOUR OWN SALVATION WITH FEAR AND TREMBLING. “Phil 2:12
“And if the righteous [Christians] SCARCELY BE SAVED, where shall the ungodly [Christians] and the [unsaved] sinner appear.”1 Peter 4:18
Feel free to add some comments about this topic in the Comments below.